Technical Service Manager
Compaction Technologies, Inc. manufactures a line of trash compactors used by the public in the front of restaurants, cafeterias, airports, colleges, malls, bathrooms and hospitals. The company’s aim is to reduce the volume of waste and divert it from landfills to be a viable resource. They deliver user-friendly, intuitive technology that enables operators and owners to decrease the volume of waste sent to landfills and incinerators and divert it to recycling and composting. They provide cost effective and environmentally conscious waste management products and services. Compaction Technologies provides very unique products that are quickly earning a great reputation and leading this expanding category.
- 2016 finalist in the BOLD Awards sponsored by the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- 2014 recognized by AHE (Association for the Healthcare Environment) as an Innovation Award Nominee
HQ: 1230 Eagan Industrial Road, Suite 130, Eagan, MN 55121
Ownership: Privately Held
Industry: Renewables and Environment
Reports to: CEO
Position: Technical Service Manager
Under the direction of the CEO, this position is responsible for the development and execution of the company’s service strategy for trash compaction equipment with direct oversight and responsibility of service technicians and third party service contractors. This position requires multi-tasking and an individual who is results-oriented and enjoys working assertively with a sense of urgency to get things done on time, as well as capable of creative problem solving and diplomacy to overcome challenges.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Work with the CEO to set strategic service direction for company
- Experience managing Technicians, creating and running inside Service departments (i.e. in-bound calls, trouble-shooting and diagnosis, dispatching Service Providers, shipping parts, scheduling on-site service calls, completion, and follow-up billing).
- Lead and manage the first point of contact when clients need some assistance. Strong desire to provide clients with a high level of support.
- Experience building an internal technician network
- On-phone tech support for both our customers and on-site technicians, also utilizing email and text when appropriate.
- Setup and coordinate parts shipments and external technician appointments via a 3rd party network.
- Maintain and assist with the development of Service logs, Support library, Q&A database and On-line resources.
- Assist with the creation and development of Support performance metrics and equipment reliability indicators.
- Secondarily, this role will perform in-shop repairs and machine refurbishments.
- This role will champion new product improvement recommendations.
- As a small and growing entrepreneurial company, everyone wears many hats at times.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Prefer 3-5 years’ experience in managing mechanical/electrical technicians that interact with customers.
- Experience using outside call centers for receiving in-bound calls is a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude and good analytical skills; organized and detailed oriented.
- Self-starter, willing to work-through and seek answers to ongoing issues and turn these into wins for our customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software will be very helpful.
- College degree valued, equivalent experience essential.
Contact email@example.com for interest.